Our Strength Comes from the Lord
Have you ever experienced a period in your life when your relationship with God was not quite as strong as it once was, or as strong as you’d like it to be? Or maybe you heard a sermon that tugged at your heart, or even experienced a storm, that drew you to want to
strengthen or restore your faith?
In life, endless things and challenges will tempt us and test our strength: family, work, relationships, illness, unemployment, death, unexpected events, and more. Here are some suggestions to reach beyond our own means to connect to the only Source to help us overcome those things that are bigger and stronger than us:
1. Read the Word regularly. Set realistic goals. There are several guides to assist you in achieving your goals, i.e. daily reading plans (found in many Bibles), daily devotionals, and more.
2. Apply lessons learned. Review what you have read in your Bible, heard in a sermon, or received in godly counsel, and apply those principles in your daily life and situations.
3. Pray for perseverance. Continually seek the Lord for steadfast guidance and wisdom in your journey to Him.
4. Get involved in ministry. Connect with others. There is strength in numbers. Your brothers and sisters in Christ are in your life not only to serve alongside you, but also to be an earthly source of love and support.
5. Believe you can make it. Recite and believe, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
It’s the great challenges in our lives that God often uses to teach us to rely on His strength and not our own. And when we overcome those challenges by strengthening our faith, we can truly praise Him; we know only by His strength did we overcome our trials and tribulations.
Written by Deirdre McClarin
Tell us what's on your Heart.
Remember, it is your story that helps others overcome the enemy. What you share has the potential to not only impact someone's life, but their eternity.
No comments have been added. Add one below:
Type the code from the image